Mod: Mymy… Already at 2100?! I think its about time to stop procrastinating, and get on with this follower event!
So! In the light of my new found followers. I say:
Thank you for 2100+
Its been a long run and ya’ll have been so-
Ash: GET ON WITH IT!!!
Mod: Gah! Fine Fine! For this event I’m giving away two items! One for artists! And one for anyone else! Because lest face it o-o If your on tumblr, your on a computer. And if your on a computer. Your beating away at some old keyboard that most likely came with it and you just never had the time, money, or energy to buy a new one.
Ash: Ever heard of phones?
Mod: I’m catering to the 99% =.=
Ash: Sure you are.
Mod: … Anyway! Prizes!
1st place: Huion 8” x 5” Graphic Drawing Tablet (Pen Pressure 2048)
2nd place: LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse (Blue or Red)
The rules are simple!
1. You must be following me. Its a follower event. What did you expect?
2. For this one. This will most likely be my last give away for the next year or two. So only Re-blogs count.
3. You don’t have to be in America to win o-o But you must be in one of the following countries to get your prize: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and of course the United States.
4. No give away blogs.
5. Fave fun!
Event will end August 21-22, 2014.
Mod: And I tell you what! If This reaches around 1100 notes. I’ll throw in another prize. Maybe another tablet and/or keyboard or something nice =3=
Either of them are fine Cx
Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
This Kiki the Cyber Squirrel, the mascot of Krita the digital painting app. This picture is used as Krita 2.8’s startup splash and Krita’s Steam box art, cover art and avatar as well.Wallpaper version available!Wallpaper version of the first picture, includes popular resolutions for PC, smartphones and pads.» Download! «
What is Krita?
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom), open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.Help Krita on Steam Greenlight!
Krita is now available for Windows PC, and the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam as well. Please help them (and thus helps everyone)!
» Krita on Steam «What I like about Krita
Krita’s page has detailed introduction of what it is capable of. I would like to cover a few things that I really like about Krita here as well:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a friendly, highly customizable user interface. The basic operations when using a brush tool are:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Simply right click and you can access:
- Color picker
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method.
- Supports layer group.
- Supports layer mask.
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result like Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated fast & high quality canvas rotation and zooming.
- Realtime mirrored view mode.
- Color management support.Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.The Mascot
And yes, I designed Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel. I’ve also designed Krita’s box art, banner art and projet avatar on Steam. Krita’s next major release, Krita 2.8, scheduled on late February, will have my picture as its startup splash as well! I’m very happy to see my work becomes useful to the project!
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
Tried it, fucks up my desktop